Members of the Florida Building Commission voted unanimously to reject a proposal to stop the expansion of safety devices that help prevent electrical fires in homes. Members of the Home Builders Association made the proposal saying the devices would make homes more expensive.
Some say Monday’s vote is a huge win. 14 years ago, Rebekah Johnson was asleep in her bed when an electrical outlet set the bed on fire, causing severe burns to her body. Now she’s joining fire safety groups to push for the expansion of arc fault circuit interrupters in Florida homes…read more