Though FHBA’s core mission is advocacy, we are more than just a glorified lobbying arm for home builders. FHBA is gearing up for the 2017 Legislative Session, which begins on March 7, 2017, and no doubt upcoming editions of all FHBA publications will devote much space to immediate issues.
Before we consume ourselves with these issues, I wanted to remind everyone what else FHBA has to offer. As an FHBA member, you have access to a variety of discounted services and products creating a significant business advantage over non-members. Some of these services and products include:
- Buildertrend: The construction management software provides real-time 24/7 access to construction scheduling, change orders, documents, photos, warranty management, homebuyer selections, and much more.
- Model Contracts: Members save several thousands of dollars in legal fees as a result of free access to model contracts.
- 411 Code: The FHBA is proud to provide members a solution to interpreting Florida’s building code through the 411 Code program. 411 Code provides members free access to Joe Belcher, an independent code consultant with 35 years experience, to ask questions, provide code interpretations, and give plan review assistance and analysis for builders who find themselves at odds with their local building departments.
- NAHB Automotive Discounts: FHBA and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), are pleased to offer up to $1,000 toward the purchase or lease of most new GM vehicles to association members. Just visit your local Chevrolet, Buick or GMC dealer, choose an eligible vehicle and present your NAHB Proof of Membership.
- FHBA Career Center: With special member discounts, the FHBA Career Center is your one stop shop browse and submit job openings and more!
These are just a sample of the discounted products and services provided for FHBA members. Click here to view all FHBA membership discounts. Keep in mind, these products and services not only provide you a business advantage, but in lieu of the proceeds lining an individual’s pockets, the proceeds help fund our advocacy programs.
Bottom Line: Look to FHBA for business products and service at a price that provide an advantage to non-members. FHBA – we are more than a lobbying arm!