The Greater Orlando Builders Association (GOBA) installed its elected senior officers and directors for 2019. The annual Installation and Awards Dinner was held at The Orlando Science Center Dino Digs Exhibit in Orlando, Florida on Thursday November 1st. Members of the Greater Orlando Builders Association came together to celebrate their 2018 leadership and recognize the outstanding achievements accomplished throughout the past year.
John Riddle of Turning Leaf Construction has been named President of the Greater Orlando Builder Association for the year 2019. Accompanying John Riddle as Senior Officers will be Tony Hartsgrove, ODC Construction, as Vice President and Rick Caccavello, Central Bath & Kitchen, as Treasurer/Secretary.
Bill Silliman of Silliman CitySide Homes assumes the position of Immediate-Past President and Deborah Dudley of First American Title as Immediate-Past Associate Vice President.
Directors for the coming year are:
• Aldo Martin, BellaVista Building Group
• Amanda Holt, D & D Garage Doors
• Andrew Orosz, Hanover Family Builders
• Bill Silliman, Silliman CitySide Homes
• Brian Dalrymple, Taylor Morrison
• Brock Fanning, Toll Brothers
• Carmen Dominguez, Carmen Dominguez Construction
• David Baselice, Mattamy Homes
• Deborah Dudley, First American Title
• Erik Szabo, Shutts & Bowen
• Greg Hardwick, Hardwick General Contracting
• Jack Lazinsk, Home To Sell Team
• James Penny, Ovida Construction
• Jeff Schnellmann, Silliman CitySide Homes
• Joe Kathman, Meritage Homes
• John Holt, Solar-Tite Windows & Doors
• Kris Williams, American Builder Supply
• Michelle Delaney, LRA Insurance
• Mike Keesee, Keesee Associates
• Paul Gidus, PSG Construction
• Ross Bitterling , Builders First Source
• Steve Johnson, DeWitt Custom Concrete
• Tony Martin, Victoria Equities
• Vivien Monaco, Burr & Forman
• Wes Robbins, Quick Tie System
“Our purpose is to represent and promote the building industry, encourage higher standard practices through education, monitor and take a proactive role in governmental and regulatory activities that impact the construction industry within Greater Orlando, as well as at the state and national levels,” said Chassity Vega, GOBA CEO. “Our senior officers and board of directors work tirelessly to achieve our vision and strengthen our role as an industry leader and valuable community partner.”
2018 Achievement Award Winners
Each year we honor Two Spike Members who always have GOBA Membership on their minds and recruit year-round. Wes Robbins of Quick Tie Systems was honored as 2018 Associate Spike of the year and Aldo Martin of BellaVista Building Group was honored as 2018 Builder Spike of the year.
The Pinnacle Builders Award was created in 2012 as recognition for Builder Members who support GOBA’s Motto of “Doing Business with Members.” Four Members were recognized with the 2018 Pinnacle Builders Award Silliman CitySide Homes, Turning Leaf Construction, Hardwick General Contracting and BellaVista Building Group.
The 2018 Stephen Gidus Award for Remodeling Excellence was presented to Greg Hardwick of Hardwick General Contracting.
In recognition of their outstanding efforts on behalf of the association and the Central Florida community, Brock Fanning of Toll Brothers was honored as 2018 Builder of the Year and Steve Johnson of Dewitt Custom Concrete was named 2018 Associate of the Year.
The most special event of the evening was the induction of the Hall of Fame Class of 2018. Hall of Fame Members are recognized for their significant and lasting contributions in The Greater Orlando Builders Association. The four honorable Champions of the home building industry are Carmen Dominguez (Past President, 2007), Ken Levitt (Past President, 1986 & 1987), Bill Miller (Past President, 1989 & 1993) and Ellen Niewold (Past Associate Vice President, 1989).
After accepting his role of Past President Bill Silliman had the honor of presenting Presidential Citations to Tony Hartsgrove of ODC Builds, Deborah Dudley of First American Title, John Riddle of Turning Leaf Construction, Wes Robbins of Quick Tie Systems, Kathleen Pollack of Richmond American Homes and Justin Pekarek of Stockworth Realty Group.
The highest level of achievement, the 2018 Eagle Award was presented to Jeff Schnellmann of Silliman City Side Homes for his unmatched volunteerism and support of GOBA, the Florida Home Builders Association and the National Association of Home Builders.