[cmsms_row data_padding_bottom=”0″ data_padding_top=”50″ data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0″ data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_img=”8600|http://fhba.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/Member-Resources.jpg|full” data_color=”default” data_width=”boxed”][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][cmsms_heading type=”h5″ font_family=”Roboto:300,300italic,400,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic” font_size=”55″ line_height=”45″ font_weight=”100″ font_style=”normal” text_align=”center” target=”self” custom_colors=”true” color=”#ffffff” color_transparency=”100″ margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″ animation_delay=”0″]MEMBER RESOURCES[/cmsms_heading][cmsms_heading type=”h5″ font_family=”Roboto:300,300italic,400,400italic,500,500italic,700,700italic” font_size=”10″ line_height=”25″ font_weight=”100″ font_style=”normal” text_align=”right” target=”self” custom_colors=”true” color=”#ffffff” margin_top=”50″ margin_bottom=”0″ animation_delay=”0″]2018 Aurora Award Winner | Lutgert Construction[/cmsms_heading][/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row][cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_padding_left=”3″ data_padding_right=”3″ data_color=”default” data_bg_color=”#ffffff” data_bg_position=”top center” data_bg_repeat=”no-repeat” data_bg_attachment=”scroll” data_bg_size=”cover” data_bg_parallax_ratio=”0.5″ data_color_overlay=”#000000″ data_overlay_opacity=”50″ data_padding_top=”0″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/1″][/cmsms_column][/cmsms_row][cmsms_row data_width=”boxed” data_color=”default” data_padding_top=”30″ data_padding_bottom=”50″][cmsms_column data_width=”1/4″]
[/cmsms_column][cmsms_column data_width=”3/4″][cmsms_heading type=”h5″ font_size=”45″ line_height=”45″ font_weight=”100″ font_style=”normal” text_align=”left” target=”self” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”40″ animation_delay=”0″]COVID-19 Resource Center[/cmsms_heading][cmsms_text animation_delay=”0″]
With the coronavirus hitting all sectors of the economy, FHBA in conjunction with NAHB, is working diligently to mitigate its effects on the residential construction sector.
Our current outlook calls for markedly negative second quarter GDP growth and a jump in job losses. The Federal Reserve acted aggressively to lower the federal funds rate to effectively zero and restart a program to purchase mortgage-backed securities. These actions should help stabilize mortgage interest rates.
In the near-term, builders should be prepared for approval and other business delays, check on their subs and workforce, and watch their cash reserves. Once mitigation efforts end to check the spread of the coronavirus, housing should be set for a rebound given low mortgage rates.
Please use the links below to access information from local and federal government organizations as well as for updates from the National Home Builders Association.
Click here to see Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard, updated regularly by the Florida Department of Health, Division of Disease Control and Health Protection.
Click here to read the letter submitted to Governor DeSantis on March 20, 2020 urging him to designate home construction as an “Essential Infrastructure Business” in Florida. To download a template of this letter to use for your HBA to send to your local government, click here.
Click here to read the letter submitted to Governor DeSantis on March 20, 2020 from FHBA, Florida Realtors and the Florida Land Title Association.
[cmsms_divider type=”dashed” margin_top=”10″ margin_bottom=”30″ animation_delay=”0″]
[cmsms_heading type=”h5″ font_size=”45″ line_height=”45″ font_weight=”100″ font_style=”normal” text_align=”left” target=”self” margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”40″ animation_delay=”0″]Useful Links[/cmsms_heading][cmsms_toggles mode=”toggle” animation_delay=”0″][cmsms_toggle title=”HR Resources”]
- Download Essential Worker Cards for your Employees. Two options; Print Ready or Easy to Customize With Company Info
- Families Fist Coronavirus Response Act Employee Rights Poster (hang in your office/break room)
- Update March 28, 2020 : Families First Coronavirus Response Act Frequently Asked Questions
- Directive from Florida CFO, Jimmy Patronis RE:Mandatory Leave Benefits Directive Regarding Fire Code as Applicable to Temporary Health Care Facilities and Priority of Inspecting
- Radey Law: Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Paid Sick Leave and Emergency FMLA Leave
- Comprehensive FAQ for Employers on the COVID-19 Coronavirus (including Healthcare/HIPPA Issues, Remote work, and more)
- Florida Department of Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
[/cmsms_toggle][cmsms_toggle title=”Updates on Orders Issued by the State of Florida “]
- HSMV Emergency Order that was executed on April 30, 2020, in support of Executive Order 20-52
- Executive Order 20-112 (Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step Plan for Florida’s Recovery)
- FAQ’s for EO 20-112
Clarification for EO 20-91
- Memo from FHBA CEO, Rusty Payton. Issued April 1, 2020
- Clarification – State definition of essential services supersedes local orders. Issued April 2, 2020
[/cmsms_toggle][cmsms_toggle title=”Local Florida Emergency Orders”]
FHBA and our local affiliates have worked together to create a space to share local emergency orders and essential services all in one place.
To see what your county/city currently has in place or to see other ordinances across the state, click here.
To access a complete list of links to local city and county emergency orders, click here.
[/cmsms_toggle][cmsms_toggle title=”NAHB Updates”]
- HUD Issues Guidance on Multifamily Mortgage Forbearance Under CARES Act (4/14/2020)
- Further Relief Needed from COVID-19 for Renters and Housing Provdiers (4/13/2020)
- New OSHA Guidance: COVID-19 Illness Not Recordable for Construction (4/13/2020)
- USDA Announces Loan Forbearance Up To One Year (4/3/2020)
- How to Obtain an SBA Loan and Have it Forgiven (4/3/2020)
- HUD Issues Mortgage Relief for FHA Single-Famile Home Owners (4/2/2020)
- FAQs for Those Seeking Small Business Loans Under New Stimulus Law (4/1/2020)
- FHA Announces Policy Updates Related to COVID-19 (3/30/2020)
- FEMA Extends Grace period for Flood Insurance Renewal Premiums (3/30/2020)
- NAHB Encourages Members to Donate Masks (3/24/2020)
- Multifamily Owners, Renters to Receive FHFA Support (3/23/2020)
- Be Prepared for Changes in the Supply Chain Caused by Coronavirus (3/23/2020)
- A Message from NAHB’s Chair: Working with the White House to Provide Housing Stimulus (3/19/2020)
- HUD, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Suspend Foreclosures and Evictions (3/18/2020)
- Treasury Defers Tax Patment, Waives Interest and Penalties for 90 Days (3/17/2020)
- Coronavirus Could Affect OSHA Compliance on Home Building Sites (3/17/2020)
- Builder Confidence Declines But Remains Solid Amid Rising Risks (3/17/2020)
- Congress Expected to Pass Coronavirus Response Act Requiring Employer-Paid Sick and Medical Leave (3/16/2020)
- Small Business Hurt by Coronavirus May Be Eligible for Low-Cost Loans (3/13/2020)
[/cmsms_toggle][cmsms_toggle title=”Economic Relief”]
- Reemployment Assistance FAQ
- Apply for Reemployment Assistance
- Short Time Compensation Program for Employers
- Business Damage Assessment Survey
- Payment Due Date for 2019 Tax Payments Delayed for 90 Days
- Trump Signs Off on Coronavirus Aid Bill
- US Small Business Administration COVID-19 Guidance & Loan Resources
- Florida Small Business Emergency Bridge Loan Program
- SBA Disaster Assistance
- Treasury and IRS Issue Guidance on Deferring Tax Payments Due to COVID-19 Outbreak
[/cmsms_toggle][cmsms_toggle title=”Job Site Best Practices “]
- Download this flyer to place at your job site
- Click here for a Spanish version of the job site flyer
- DBPR clarifies “Natural Emergency” allows for tolling of certain permits and for up to six months in addition to the tolled period; releases best practices for business
[/cmsms_toggle][cmsms_toggle title=”Latest On Essential Business from Dept. of Homeland Security”]
Please click here to see the latest guidance of “essential” workforce released by the US Department of Homeland Security on Saturday March 28.
Specifically you’ll want to note the following:
RESIDENTIAL/SHELTER FACILITIES AND SERVICES
• Workers responsible for the leasing of residential properties to provide individuals and families with ready access to available housing.
• Workers responsible for handling property management, maintenance, and related service calls who can coordinate the response to emergency “at-home” situations requiring immediate attention, as well as facilitate the reception of deliveries, mail, and other necessary services.
• Workers performing housing construction related activities to ensure additional units can be made available to combat the nation’s existing housing supply shortage.
• Workers performing services in support of the elderly and disabled populations who coordinate a variety of services, including health care appointments and activities of daily living.
• Workers supporting the construction of housing, including those supporting government functions related to the building and development process, such as inspections, permitting and plan review services that can be modified to protect the public health, but fundamentally should continue and serve the construction of housing (e.g., allow qualified private third-party inspections in case of government shutdown).
[cmsms_divider type=”dashed” margin_top=”10″ margin_bottom=”30″ animation_delay=”0″]