COUNCILS & COMMITTEES
2016 Aurora Award Winner | Renee Gaddis Interiors
Governmental Affairs Committee
Felix Beukenkamp, Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org
Frank Severino, Vice Chair, email@example.com
– – – – –
- The Governmental Affairs Steering Committee is responsible for developing, recommending (to the Board of Directors) and implementing the Association’s legislative policies.
- During the legislative session and key interim committee weeks, the Governmental Affairs Committee meets via conference call to receive reports from FHBA lobbyists and provide direction when needed.
- The legislative agenda and Governmental Affairs Policies are recommended by the Governmental Affairs Committee and adopted by the FHBA Board of Directors to serve as the framework for specific legislative positions.
- Between meetings of the Board, decisions to support, support with amendment or oppose legislation shall be made by the President of the FHBA with majority vote of the Senior Officers where practical.
- The Board of Directors of the Florida Home Builders Association are solely responsible for setting the policy of the Association.